Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patandfritz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:01:56 PM(UTC)
patandfritz

Groups: Registered

My stove is just now 3 years old. I am not getting good baking results anymore. The oven does seem to keep losing it's calibration. I had to calibrate it last December. I noticed in mid-September of this year that my baking projects were coming out terrible. I thought it was the ingredients and bought all new ingredients. My Zucchini bread came out only half as high as it should and felt like a brick. I baked it at my son's using the same ingredients and they came out gorgeous. Yesterday I made a cake. It looked gorgeous and the cake tester came out clean. When I took it out of the baking pan I found out why the tester came out clean. It was hollow in the center. None of the center baked. Tonight I made chicken breasts (boneless skinless). They ended up dry because I had to bake them longer to get the center done. Before I baked them I tested the oven with an oven thermometer. At 400 it registered 425. After dinner and the oven was cooled I checked the oven again. At 350 the thermometer registered 325. I did an adjustment following the directions in my manual. It said my oven was off by 25 degrees. I did the adjustment. Now I am letting it cool down so I can try again and see what it says. What can I do?? I don't want to have to buy another stove. This one is only just three years old!! I can't bake nice desserts or menus in it anymore. Any one out there that can help me??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:14:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It is pretty normal when the oven temperature comes a little bellow setting with the time. That's why the manufacturer provided ability for temperature adjustments for the oven controls. When the difference will come over 35°F, it will be time for the new oven control or the new oven temperature sensor.

Gene.
patandfritz  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:03:52 AM(UTC)
patandfritz

Groups: Registered

I understand it is normal for some fluctuation. I just don't understand why things are not baking in the center. Totally thawed meats have to be cooked twice as long and baking? Oh my gosh!! I had a hollow cake the other day. My usually beautiful zucchini breads and apple breads come out only half as high as they are supposed to be and like bricks and dry. I have always been known for my good cooking. Not anymore. :(
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:51:18 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The closest match to your model number is an air conditioner, please check it.
Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com

I think ES200 is the typer of clock/control board not an oven model.

Do both elements work?
Most units switch between the bake and broil elements when baking.
This maintains a more even temperature in the oven.

Another symptom of an element not working is longer preheat times.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply