Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denisecollinslaw  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 8:00:24 PM(UTC)
denisecollinslaw

Groups: Registered

As I was using my stove, I had finished baking and turned my oven off. I later found out that my oven was on at, I believe the self cleaning temp. I wasn't able to turn it off, so I've unplugged it. I am wondering if replacing the clock/timer, electronic will fix this problem? At $189.33 for this part I would like to rest assure this repair will keep my range working properly for at least 5 more years. Otherwize I believe a new range would be in order. I look forward to your input. Thank you for you attention in this matter and have a nice day:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:45:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire FEF365ASD Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]I am wondering if replacing the clock/timer, electronic will fix this problem?[/COLOR]
It probably will.
I would unplug the unit and check the wires to/from the elements to the board just to be sure one of them has not shorted out.
Also have plugged it back in again to see if it works OK? Sometimes the control board just has to be reset.

[COLOR="Blue"]At $189.33 for this part I would like to rest assure this repair will keep my range working properly for at least 5 more years.[/COLOR]
I cannot say how long the repair will last or that perhaps you will have a problem with another part but no one can make a 5 year guarantee for a new unit either so it is a wash.
Before ordering a board take it apart to ensure that the faceplate will come off in decent shape. if not you may also have to order a faceplate.

Most of them are peel & stick.
If it is difficult try warming it up with a haid dryer to soften the glue.

Whether to replace or fix depends on what kind of shape it is in, how happy you are with it and how much a replacement unit that you will be happy with is going to cost you.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
denisecollinslaw  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:31:14 AM(UTC)
denisecollinslaw

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire FEF365ASD Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]I am wondering if replacing the clock/timer, electronic will fix this problem?[/COLOR]
It probably will.
I would unplug the unit and check the wires to/from the elements to the board just to be sure one of them has not shorted out.
Also have plugged it back in again to see if it works OK? Sometimes the control board just has to be reset.

[COLOR="Blue"]At $189.33 for this part I would like to rest assure this repair will keep my range working properly for at least 5 more years.[/COLOR]
I cannot say how long the repair will last or that perhaps you will have a problem with another part but no one can make a 5 year guarantee for a new unit either so it is a wash.
Before ordering a board take it apart to ensure that the faceplate will come off in decent shape. if not you may also have to order a faceplate.

Most of them are peel & stick.
If it is difficult try warming it up with a haid dryer to soften the glue.

Whether to replace or fix depends on what kind of shape it is in, how happy you are with it and how much a replacement unit that you will be happy with is going to cost you.

Thank you so much for all the excellent information you've so generously provided me with. I will most certainly take all your suggestions into serious consideration.

Thanks again and I hope you have a most joyful day:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply