Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
killermrob83  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:21:44 AM(UTC)
killermrob83

Groups: Registered

Have a Kenmore gas range that was purchased in Oct '10. The ignitor went out on the front right burner. It is actually still working, but arcs through the side as if the ceramic is cracked. I thought maybe it was fouled or dirty so I removed it in an attempt to clean it up. Once reinstalled the spark is still insufficient to light the burner as it is a smaller spark (because of the shorter distance from the side of the ignitor to ground) than required. I have looked into purchasing a new ignitor and am thoroughly displeased with what these manufacturers are doing. It appears that one can no longer get just the ignitor, but you can purchase the ignitor as part of what they call an ignitor/orifice assembly for a bunch more money. Surely they know that ignitors fail and will need to be replaced, so why would they go about selling the ignitor as part of an assembly of parts that never go bad? GREED is the answer. Does anyone know of an ignitor that I could purchase that will fit in place of this particular one? How about a used appliance parts place where they would be willing to sell the ignitor alone? Is there maybe some kind of coating that I could apply to the ceramic of this bad ignitor that would prevent the spark from coming through the side? Thanks for your time and consideration. Rob BTW, the model number is 790.70502011. The part that is available as an assembly is 316536608.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.