Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
81cj7sean  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:48:07 AM(UTC)
81cj7sean

Groups: Registered

Hi Everybody - I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot my Kenmore range. It is a 665 Series ([FONT='Times New Roman','serif']665.75132300) [/FONT]with the Direct Spark Ignition. The problem is with the oven, not the stove burners. I have always had intermitent problems with starting it. It would always spark, but sometimes not light (example: sometimes I can get it to light if I open the door during the ignition cycle???, sometimes not). I replaced the ignitor assembly a while ago, and it did not help. I replaced the ignitor/electronics PCB, and it seemed to help a little, and then I started having problems again. Today, I was going to trouble shoot a little more and I removed the bottom oven panel and the sheet metal directly above the flame tube and ignitier, ran a cycle, and it seems to operate perfectly. Can this be the fix? Is there something wrong with the metal parts such as causing an electrical problem or restricting air flow??? Thanks in advance. -Sean
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.