Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
togamac  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:50:36 AM(UTC)
togamac

Groups: Registered

The hinges on my oven have failed to adequately hold the door shut several times. The first time was when the oven was about 5 years old. The last time was last week. The replacement hinges lasted exactly one day. They were fine when installed but failed to hold the door shut after I used the oven at 350 degrees to roast something for one and a half hours.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me determine the cause for these failures. The oven is a built-in with a microwave above it and will be pretty expensive to replace.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:41:07 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You may need to replace the hinge receivers (two of them)

Part number: 8185503
Part number: 8185503

Simon.
ohachristi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:18:18 AM(UTC)
ohachristi

Groups: Registered

We have seen this issue a lot and wondered if you were able to resolve yours? Did replacing the receviers help? We have done that too and still the problem reoccurs soon after. We can't ever see any signs of the frame being bent. A few times we have been able to bend the hinges a certain way that works but sometimes not.

Originally Posted by: togamac Go to Quoted Post
The hinges on my oven have failed to adequately hold the door shut several times. The first time was when the oven was about 5 years old. The last time was last week. The replacement hinges lasted exactly one day. They were fine when installed but failed to hold the door shut after I used the oven at 350 degrees to roast something for one and a half hours.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me determine the cause for these failures. The oven is a built-in with a microwave above it and will be pretty expensive to replace.

Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply