Discuss

GE Profile Oven JGB918SEL3SS Locked Door blinking

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

You are welcome Chuck. I hope you are finally out of problems with your home appliances. If there will be

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Profile Oven JGB918SEL3SS Locked Door blinking

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

You are welcome Chuck. I hope you are finally out of problems with your home appliances. If there will be anything else we can help you with, drop us a line.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 AM

fpfiglia is on a distinguished road

I just experienced this same problem....at least it happened AFTER Thanksgiving!

Question though: Since the lock light staying on prevents me from using the oven ........is there a way to bypass the defective lock so I can use the oven until I can replace the motor unit?

Thanks everyone.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:11 AM

buhrman is on a distinguished road
Smile GE Oven "door locked " flashing

This has happened to me twice and both times I have used a combination of buttons. Never worked the first several times but eventually the light will go off…Here's how: Open oven door and manually hold in the door latch (black button either in the center or on the right hand side). While holding in button, push the clean button, then the start button. I held in the start button for a full minute, released it and held the cancel button for almost a minute. Like I said It never worked the first time and after several attempts I think the computer in the oven needs to catch up, so I waited two or three hours and tried it again and threw up my hands both times. Oddly enough, both times I turned around after a while and the light was off. Other suggestions that have worked for others is holding in the clock button and then hitting cancel…Sometimes tripping the breaker, waiting a while and then flip back on.Hopefully one of these suggestions will save you repair cost…FRUSTRATING SITUATION THAT NEEDS TO ON THE TABLE AT GE
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.