Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gkurtti  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
gkurtti

Groups: Registered

How do I check the pinouts on the oven controller? neither the bake or broiler element work so I'm guessing something in the controller. I need pin outs and what readings should be.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:29:08 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Frigidaire FES366ECC Frigidaire/electric Range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is your wiring diagram.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...assomption/318271907.pdf

Since it is usually pretty tight in the control panel area I personally do not like doing live tests in this area. Too large a possibility of a arc/spark and/or getting hurt.

I would unplug the unit and check the wires to the board and to the elements using resistance/ohms.

Also disconnect the oven sensor at the board and check it. It should be around 1100 ohms. This circuit has a circuit breaker in it that may have popped. I am not sure if the control board would give an error if it sees an open sensor so perhaps that is the problem re: it thinks the unit is already at high heat so does not turn on the elements. I am also not sure but some of theses breakers have a button between the connectors that pops out so they can be reset.

If everything checks OK I would replace the control.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
gkurtti  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:43:53 AM(UTC)
gkurtti

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Frigidaire FES366ECC Frigidaire/electric Range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is your wiring diagram.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...assomption/318271907.pdf

Since it is usually pretty tight in the control panel area I personally do not like doing live tests in this area. Too large a possibility of a arc/spark and/or getting hurt.

I would unplug the unit and check the wires to the board and to the elements using resistance/ohms.

Also disconnect the oven sensor at the board and check it. It should be around 1100 ohms. This circuit has a circuit breaker in it that may have popped. I am not sure if the control board would give an error if it sees an open sensor so perhaps that is the problem re: it thinks the unit is already at high heat so does not turn on the elements. I am also not sure but some of theses breakers have a button between the connectors that pops out so they can be reset.

If everything checks OK I would replace the control.

Thanks for the response, I will start there, I'm doing this for a friend who is a Deputy Sheriff and does not have a lot of extra cash to spend on repairs.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply