Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Janetjjross  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:26:54 AM(UTC)
Janetjjross

Groups: Registered

My oven/stove has recently started turning off. When this problem first occurred, I was using the oven and some time after starting to bake, noticed that the clock was flashing and the oven was turned off. It took several minutes before I was able to reset the clock. The screen went blank and came back up blinking again. I was able to reset. This started happening more frequently as I used the oven. Then I noticed that without the stove in use, I would see that the clock would just start blinking and I would have to reset it. There were no power problems in the house-nothing else was blinking (microwave, etc). Don't seem to have any problems with the cook top. I have an oven that I can't use, as I cannot depend that it will stay working without interruption. Any ideas??
Thanks so much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

arn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:48:10 AM(UTC)
arn

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Janetjjross Go to Quoted Post
My oven/stove has recently started turning off. When this problem first occurred, I was using the oven and some time after starting to bake, noticed that the clock was flashing and the oven was turned off. It took several minutes before I was able to reset the clock. The screen went blank and came back up blinking again. I was able to reset. This started happening more frequently as I used the oven. Then I noticed that without the stove in use, I would see that the clock would just start blinking and I would have to reset it. There were no power problems in the house-nothing else was blinking (microwave, etc). Don't seem to have any problems with the cook top. I have an oven that I can't use, as I cannot depend that it will stay working without interruption. Any ideas??
Thanks so much!

I have a similar problem with a Frigidaire Model CFES388CCS-3 electric range 10+ years old which we have had since new. It seems to be temperature related - stays on longer between having to reset at lower oven temperatures i.e. with oven set at 350° it stays on longer than at a 400° setting. I think its a clock problem but of course Frigidaire doesn't stock any parts like the clock anymore for this model and has no idea of a similar part that would work. Nothing else wrong with the range but have to buy new due to lack of a $100 part
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply