Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spurs2k  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:48:39 PM(UTC)
spurs2k

Groups: Registered

When I turn on my gas oven it takes forever to heat up and it won't heat up past 350 before it falls back down around 200. All of the burners on the top work just fine. I usually have to turn off the oven and then turn it back on a few times to get it to actually heat up to the proper temperature. I'm using a thermometer on the oven rack for verification. There is an orange glow when I turn it on and everything seems to be working fine. The range is about 6 years old.

I was thinking it might be the ignitor based on what I've read on this site so far, but it just didn't make sense to me that the oven would eventually work properly. Maybe a regulator? I don't know much about gas ranges at all so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.