Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtalleysc  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 2:06:49 PM(UTC)
jtalleysc

Groups: Registered

I have a Thermador 36" natural gas rangetop that is in my house. It was installed when I purchased the house about a year ago. Prior to this, I had a Viking Range.

It appears that the Thermador takes quite a bit longer to boil water and heat up compared to the Viking. I cannot remember for sure, but I do not believe I had a pressure regulator installed on the viking range. I am curious about the ramifications of removing the pressure regulator from my thermador.

I have had the gas company out to measure my pressure and have 9" W.C. at the cooktop.

it also takes in excess of 20 minutes to boil a gallon of water. I am using All-Clad's copper core cookware (so heat transfer should be great).

I didn't think there was that large of a difference between Viking and Thermador, but maybe there is and I just need to live with it.

Thanks in advance,

-jason
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.