Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tandn9  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:29:39 PM(UTC)
tandn9

Groups: Registered

The issue: I have a Thermador range with 4 burners. The two on the left died recently. I ordered a kit including a new simmer control unit and 2 pots. Replaced the simmer control first, which did not help. Replaced the pots which resuscitated the burners. Now a new problem - constant sparking when all burners are turned off.

Apparently, quite a few have run into this problem. However, I am reposting in the hope of getting some help for 2 reasons: (a) none owned my particular model (PRDS304); and (b) identical problems discussed elsewhere were prompted by various components, hence, varying causes. I've followed the instructions and suggestions on here, to no avail.

What happened is when I lit up the left front burner, then switched it off, the red led signaling "ON" would go off for perhaps 10-20 secs, then turned on by itself, which in turn caused the electrodes to spark continuously until power is cut off. With the other burners the led would not even go off.

For the time being, I've disconnected the harness to the spark module, which stops the sparking. However, the red led still comes on as described earlier. Any help in diagnosing is greatly appreciated.

Also, would leaving the system as it is (spark module disconnected; LED on all the time) harm any components or the system as a whole in any way?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.