Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Katogolfwvu  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 12:34:14 PM(UTC)
Katogolfwvu

Groups: Registered

Hi..
I have a Kenmore 790 75728990 Gas Range, The oven ignitor needed to be replaced I am fairly handy so opted to do it myself. I watched several videos and read a couple blogs and felt very confident.

I pulled my range away from the way unplugged it and shut the gas off. Then turned to look at the back and realized there was no access panel, just a small inch and a half x inch and half opening. Right then I knew this was going to be a long day.

I opened the range door took out the racks took out the bottom plate, flame spreader and located the faulty oven ignitor took it out cut the wires and wire nutted the new one in screwed it back in place and went around to the back to pull the wires down as much as I could to make sure the wire nuts and the excess wire wasn't in the oven area more then it needed to be. started pulling lightly through that small opening got the one wire through and then started on the other had a little resistance so tugged lightly and a wire came out with nothing attached to it just a small silver flat connector so I went around to the front of the stove figuring I pulled the wire nut out but that wasn't the case both wire nuts were still connected to the oven ignitor and the other wires.

Stupidly praying that that wire I had just pulled out the back wasn't needed I screwed everything back in place plugged it in turned the gas on and tried the oven it never got hot or smelled of gas.

So obviously this wire does something, I unplugged it turned off the gas and started looking but once again no access panel so my only choice as I saw was to take some metal sheers and cut a portion of the back panel out. I did and still have no clue where this wire goes. please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.