Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pinbyte  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 10:32:17 PM(UTC)
Pinbyte

Groups: Registered

In response to your message quoted below... I have had the same problem exactly with my PLEF398CCD. Please see my post at:

http://forums.**********.com/ra...lef398c-series-9554.html

Please add a reply to this post acknowledging you had the same problem as me. Plase also follow up and issue a complaint to the CPSC in the US and the corresponding organization in Canada. Like you, I only lost some soup. Still this is a potentially life threatening failure.

Yes... I do have the answer on how to fix it temporarily but it still remains a potential hazard. Please make some more noise!!! This item should be recalled and a safe fix installed at no charge. Please help me, you, and others who got a lemon in this deal.

- Pinbyte

Originally Posted by: kirkz24 Go to Quoted Post
Hello to all,

I had visitors coming over for supper and wanted to heat up my French Onion Soup. I put the pot on the stove top on the right front side of my stove top which is dual element, (Small and Large Element) I heated up the soup and turned off the element with the control on the back of the stove. The element showed HE for Hot Element but I noticed that my soup was still boiling!! When I moved my pot of soup the middle element (the small one) was still cherry red! I tried for the life of me to turn it off but it just wouldnt. When I did finally get it to turn off, withing a couple of minutes with the switched still turned off the element would turn on by itself. The only way to turn it off is to unplug the stove from the wall.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Id love to be able to fix this myself.

Any help would be great.

Kirk Henry
Montréal, Québec, Canada:)
kirkz24  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:02:53 AM(UTC)
kirkz24

Unfortunatly i could not read your post, the link does not seem to work.
Pinbyte  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:28:47 PM(UTC)
Pinbyte

Maybe this site censors links to other sites. Hopefully you can find it another way. I posted it to the range repair forum within **********_dot_com. The title of the post was 'Electric burner will not turn off - safety problem with Frigidaire PLEF398C series'. I just used Google and typed in PLEF398C and the first hit was a link to my post. Please read it an add your experience.
Pinbyte  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:33:55 PM(UTC)
Pinbyte

Okay... the *********** is definitely being censored because it it is a competing site. Hopefully the Google search will turn up my post. Still, now I have the challenge of somehow posting the competing site's name here. It is:

P_A_R_T

ignore_this_line

_S_E_L_*_E_C_T

ignore the *

Hopfully, this reply will help you find the site.
kirkz24  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:30:49 AM(UTC)
kirkz24

I came back to post in my old thread to let you all know that my stove is doing the exact same thing as it did before.

This is the second time it does this!

All was well for Aprox 2 years and lastnight it would not turn and had to unplug it from the wall to get it to turn off!

I forget which part they changed out when Fridgedaire finally decided to fix the problem, if I could only remember id order it and change it out myslef.

I am thinking however after reading this post that it was the Power Board

I will deffinatly update when all id fixed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply