Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thosfisher  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:21:33 AM(UTC)
thosfisher

Groups: Registered

When I set the oven temperature to say 350 degrees and the display indicates it has achieved that temperature, one time it will read 250 on an oven thermostat I purchased and another time 400, varing widely on each attempt. If the difference were constant, I could adjust it as it describes in the book, but it is always a different temperature.

I would normally replace a thermostat, however this newer model we bought a few years ago doesn't seem to have one. I imagine the control is handled by the Control erc Part Number: AP3957553 in conjunction with the Sensor asm, Part Number: AP3192829.

Is this true, and if so, do I need to just replace the Sensor asm, Part Number: AP3192829?

Thank you for your help.

Thomas
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:05:40 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: thosfisher Go to Quoted Post
When I set the oven temperature to say 350 degrees and the display indicates it has achieved that temperature, one time it will read 250 on an oven thermostat I purchased and another time 400, varing widely on each attempt. If the difference were constant, I could adjust it as it describes in the book, but it is always a different temperature.

I would normally replace a thermostat, however this newer model we bought a few years ago doesn't seem to have one. I imagine the control is handled by the Control erc Part Number: AP3957553 in conjunction with the Sensor asm, Part Number: AP3192829.

Is this true, and if so, do I need to just replace the Sensor asm, Part Number: AP3192829?

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

Good chance it's just the sensor. If you have a ohm meter it should read about 1100 ohms at room temp.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply