Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kaitlynsdad  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:22:16 AM(UTC)
Kaitlynsdad

Groups: Registered

I am working on a jenn air electric cooktop,model 2211381,that has no wiring diagram with it.I am puzzled as to how I wire the elements to the infinite switches.a wiring diagram for this model would really help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:57:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There are no wiring diagrams that can be found for such an old model online, but if you can describe your project more specifically, we might be able to help you.

Gene.
Kaitlynsdad  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:19:27 AM(UTC)
Kaitlynsdad

Groups: Registered

I have 4 wires coming from the 2 elements on the right side(front and rear).The rear element has a red wire with a piggyback connection on it going to the h1 on rear switch but also jumpering to the h1 of the front switch.The other connection on the rear element has a yellow wire going to the h2 on rear switch.The connections on the front element have a blue wire connected to the h2 of the front switch and another blue wire, from the other side of the front element,running to the exhaust blower(120 V) located in middle of the unit.The exhaust motor is operarted with a manual switch which is powered from the L1 to the unit.This blue wire from the front element is tied in with the wire from the closed side of the man switch for the blower.Some body that had worked on this unit left it wired like this but I question this blue wire tied in with the blower.I was thinking that it (the blue wire) if anything should be tied in to the nuetral wire to the unit.
I know this sounds confusing but any help or feedback I could get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:03:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I do not think there is something wrong. The reason to wire the blower into the burner circuit is to have the blower on when the burner is on.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply