Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tlhutton  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 3:05:51 PM(UTC)
tlhutton

Groups: Registered

Finally decided to use the self-cleaning mode of my KitchenAid slide in range model number KESA907PSS00. Two thirds of the way into the cleaning the whole oven shut down. I understand I may need two different thermostats. Part number 341196 and AP3879224. The control panel lights are all off also. Is this a separate issue? If so what part number will that take? Also if the self-cleaning mode used for a first time does this damage is there an underlying problem that needs to be addressed? Thank you for your assistance. Teresa
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:04:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Teresa,

These two thermal fuses should fix the problem. The cause of it is overheating due the self clean. Most likely this is a poor design issue. It's better not to use the self clean to avoid this problem.

Gene.
insurancelady66  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:04:13 AM(UTC)
insurancelady66

Groups: Registered

We had the same issue on model kgr806pbl00. 2nd time of cleaning, panel went out and oven door locked. We are not handy at all but checked it out on line,ordered a thermal fuse i think it was called. We were easily able to replace it ourselves.. We never are do it yourselfers but recently retired so watch our out go of funds a little better
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply