Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
taalexander44  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:01:31 AM(UTC)
taalexander44

Groups: Registered

Hi, hoping you can't help us narrow down whether we need a new sensor or element. Our oven heats up but won't keep that temp high enough to cook food. All lights are on and it appears it's working just fine. The broiler is working well, too. Can you recommend a part to order? Also, can you walk us through some installation instructions. We've never attempted to work on an oven before! Thanks, Taylor
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

taalexander44  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:15:24 AM(UTC)
taalexander44

I thought a pro was supposed to answer your forum question and recommend a part. Did I understand that incorrectly when I called?
Gene  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:06:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Taylor,

Sorry for the delay. Most of us are volunteers and sometime we can be busy doing something else.

What is the difference between temperature you set and real temperature in the oven?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric JTP15WA1WW Electric range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
taalexander44  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:37:47 PM(UTC)
taalexander44

Sorry for being a little anxious. Brent told me that forum questions are answered in 24-48 hours and 5 days have passed. It's just tough needing an oven to cook for 3 hungry boys! Anyway, the oven heats up and will cook something...it just takes quite a while and doesn't cook things properly. For example, yesterday I cooked some corn muffins that were supposed to be done in 10 minutes at 400. It took 25 minutes and they never rose. Though they were cooked, they were not crumbly--kinda mushy. So, I'm not sure if it's even heating up to what it says. Thanks for your help, Taylor
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:54:05 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Taylor,

If the Bake (bottom) heating element getting red then the problem can be a bad oven sensor (#253 at the diagram) or a bad oven control board.

In order to determine which part is bad you have to measure the sensor resistance at the control board plug. The normal reading should be about 15 Ohms at the room temperature.

If the reading is incorrect, replace the oven sensor.

If the reading is correct, replace the oven control board.

- The oven sensor Part number: WB23X5340
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply