Discuss

Need to replace left hinge on wall oven

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

We need to replace the left hinge on a Hotpoint wall oven. After removing the door, the hinges are in

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Need to replace left hinge on wall oven

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 AM

nana67502@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default Need to replace left hinge on wall oven
Brand: Hotpoint   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

We need to replace the left hinge on a Hotpoint wall oven. After removing the door, the hinges are in the body of the oven...not in the door. Is there a way to remove the hinges without disassembling the whole oven?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi.

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM

Default Need to replace left hinge on wall oven

Simon,

I didn't find a model number, but the serial number is SG 42252 and the Cat. number is 10 RL 40G. It is a Hotpoint, wall unit.

Thanks,

Linda
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

For any research I'd need the model number. Look for the tag around the oven door cavity.

Thank you.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Simon,

I'll look again tomorrow and try to find the model number.

Thanks!

Linda
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Default Oven Repair

Simon,

I looked at the oven and didn't find anything that specified model number. Besides the serial and catalogue number, there was a number 327867, but I don't think it was a model number.

I took a picture of the oven and the tag with the numbers, but don't know how to attach them.

Linda
Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Hi Linda,

The Model Number Locator should help you.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Gene,

I found the metal tag on the right side of the oven, but it only lists the numbers I have previously stated. It doesn't give a model number. This house was built in 1967, so this is a very old, Copper, Hotpoint, wall oven. The only numbers are Serial - SG 42252, Cat. number - 10RL 40G. This must be the model number even though it doesn't call it that. We pulled the oven out of the wall, hoping to be able to get to the hinge assembly, but there are side panels that will need to be taken off. I am assuming we will have to take the oven clear out in order to get to the hinge assembly, and even then I am not sure we will be able to purchase the correct hinge. I am worried that we might just have to call a repairman, which will be expensive.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Linda,

Unfortunately, we are not able to help you without valid model number.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 AM

Default Oven hinge

Gene,

We pulled the oven completely out of the wall, removed the side panels and found there was a broken spring. We purchased two new springs and installed them. The oven door works great!

Thanks for your help.

Linda
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.