Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
08duramax  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:10:07 AM(UTC)
08duramax

Groups: Registered

so, i have a kitchenaid gas range model; Kgrs807sbl01. this oven is about 4 years old and has been a piece of crap since the beginning. first the control board fried the first time we tried to do the self clean cycle. luckily it was under warranty then and it was fixed for free. then the cooling fan broke and i had to replace that for over $100. i would expect when i pay extra for supposedly high end products, they should last longer

anyway, now that my rant is over, my current problem.

well, when i try to use my oven, i push the bake button, set the temp, and hit start. the oven beeps, i hear the click of the valve, and the gas start to flow. the igniter sparks 4 times then stops. i see the cooktop burners spark, but i dont see the oven or broiler igniters spark. after 30-40 seconds it does it again. then it does nothing. it does this for the oven or the broiler. after my research, i believe it is the spark control module? does this sound right? thank you for any help you can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

shouldofboughtawarranty  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:40:36 AM(UTC)
shouldofboughtawarranty

Well its hard to say...since taking you on your word it sounds as if everything is working as it should, but the gas isnt igniting.

Oven beeps
Gas flows
Spark ignition starts
gas DOESNT ignite
flame sensor in spark module DOESNT detect flame, shuts off gas
Oven waits for gas to clear, starts again...and again...and again.

sounds to me like the spark ignitor is shorting out somewhere or isnt working at all. Its not igniting the gas, hense the spark module doesnt detect flame and does its job by stopping the gas flow.

I am looking up your model now. Didnt see it listed at first. I'll update soon.

EDIT--- I was wrong. I dont know this website. so last my answer about hot surface ignition was based on improper searching. We are back to the spark ignitor not working.
08duramax  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:20:38 AM(UTC)
08duramax

the oven and broiler both dont work. when it tries to spark, the cooktop burners spark but the oven and broiler dont. is it an individual spark unit or is it a spark control module?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:12:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to start the troubleshooting from the gas valve (#13 at the diagram).

Label the wires connected to the three terminals at the gas valve and remove them. These terminals are for two solenoids: Bake & Broil. The upper terminal is for Broil, the middle terminal is Common and the bottom terminal is for Bake.

Check each solenoid for 216 Ohms (Broil terminal to Common & Bake terminal to Common). If one of the solenoids is defective, the gas valve has to be replaced.

- The gas valve Part number: 9763716
08duramax  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:15:17 PM(UTC)
08duramax

But I can manually light the oven and broiler burner with no problem. If the valve was bad, wouldn't there be no gass at the burner?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:12:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: 08duramax Go to Quoted Post
...i push the bake button, set the temp, and hit start. the oven beeps, i hear the click of the valve, and the gas start to flow. the igniter sparks 4 times then stops...

Did the gas stop to flow at his point too?

Quote:

...I can manually light the oven and broiler burner with no problem...

Please describe it more detailed.

Gene.
08duramax  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:59:37 PM(UTC)
08duramax

Yes, after the 4 clicks the gas would stop flowing to the burner.

When I tried to start the oven, I would hear the valve click open and gas start flowing. I would then hold a barbecue lighter next to the oven burner and it would ignite and stay lit until it reached the temperature I had the oven set at. Once it reached temperature the burner would shut off. When the temperature dropped enough it would try to rellght itself and click 4 times and would not relight. It would wait 30-40 seconds and then try to relight itself again and do that 3 or 4 times until it locked itself out.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:10:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

In such situation you probably were right about the spark module. You said that there is the same problem with both Bake and Broil and it's hard to believe that both igniters become bad at the same time.

- The spark module Part number: W10331686
Part number: W10331686

Gene.
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2024 1:57:21 AM(UTC)

United States

I’m at a loss, so have a KitchenAid single electric oven, it keeps tripping out the main electrics it has done it since I installed it some months ago, I’ve replaced both heating elements and in 2022 it had a new PCB board, I had the socket and power supply tested by an electrician he also pointed to the heating elements hence the replacement yet still tripping as it starts to get to temp, doesn’t trip when on standby nor immediately upon selecting to heat up, however once it starts to get hot trip! I have an airfryer which is fine but I have this super oven which looks great but can’t be used any suggestions
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply