Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vanbao  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:30:26 PM(UTC)
vanbao

Groups: Registered

I stove is having issues with the oven not heating. I checked all the elements with a volt meter and they are all good. Appliance repair tech said it is the circuit board and wants to charge me $350 plus labor to fix it.

I am not convinced the problem is the circuit board. The reason is the oven lights are on even when the door is closed. When I try to do a self clean, it keeps asking to close the door even when the door is closed. Thus, this makes me think that the door switch is not working. As the result, the stove thinks the door is oven and therefore will not heat up the oven.

For some reasons, I can not find the door switch any where. Normally on other stoves, there is a black door switches normally located on the top left or right corner of the oven door opening. On this particular stove however, I can not find such switch like that any where.

Please tell me where the door switch or door status indicator is located if you know. Thank you very much in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 3:22:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KERS807SSS2 models | AppliancePartsPros.com

I think your model number should be SSS02 not SSS2.
See the attached tech sheet for this unit.

Here is a manual
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=146

Remove power from the unit for a couple minutes to see if the control board will reset.
Try running the diagnostics for the door switch.
Check the door switch with a meter, see Page 5-2 in the manual.
File Attachment(s):
KERS807.pdf (898kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
vanbao  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:57:36 AM(UTC)
vanbao

Thank you for the quick response. I really appreciated.

I still have a couple of questions

1. I can not find out where the door switch is located on the stove. Is it part of the door latch or is it a separate switch located somewhere by itself.

2. How do I diagnose to see if the switch is bad once I've found it.

3. I tried downloading the manual but the site does not permit non members to download. Is there another place you know of.

Thank you very much.
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 10:00:37 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]1. I can not find out where the door switch is located on the stove. Is it part of the door latch or is it a separate switch located somewhere by itself.[/COLOR]
Part of the latch.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
2. How do I diagnose to see if the switch is bad once I've found it.[/COLOR]
Try the diagnostic in the tech sheet. If it fails open the unit up and check the switch with a meter to see if it closes when the door is closed.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]3. I tried downloading the manual but the site does not permit non members to download. Is there another place you know of.[/COLOR]
I do not know od another site. Join the site. It is free and is also a good source for manuals of all types.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
vanbao  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
vanbao

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
1. I can not find out where the door switch is located on the stove. Is it part of the door latch or is it a separate switch located somewhere by itself.
Part of the latch.

2. How do I diagnose to see if the switch is bad once I've found it.
Try the diagnostic in the tech sheet. If it fails open the unit up and check the switch with a meter to see if it closes when the door is closed.

3. I tried downloading the manual but the site does not permit non members to download. Is there another place you know of.
I do not know od another site. Join the site. It is free and is also a good source for manuals of all types.

Got it fixed. It turned out the screw holding the latch was loose. Thank you very much.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply