This oven/range has been a real workhorse, and zero problems until now. After the last self-clean, the oven is not working properly, but the stovetop is fine and functional. The symptoms are as follows;
- The oven lights do not come on.
- The oven heats, but not much; maybe 200 degrees F.
- The broiler no longer functions.
- The oven element never gets "red".
- I confess to not knowing if the thermostat "wire" was "dangling" previously, but it is now; apparently it was dislodged from its holder on the oven side, and now dangles at the rear of the oven.
- In looking at some other posts and responses, I am guessing that there are two possibilities;
- A new thermostat needs to be installed.
- A new control panel is needed.
Your thoughts, and do you have the suggested parts on hand, if needed, along with instructions for installation?
Thanks so much! I'm so glad I found this forum and site