Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdunk  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 7:00:32 AM(UTC)
kdunk

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool Gold oven has had it share of issues. Recently, it was getting random PF errors which were sometimes preceded by no power. Based on other postings, I replaced the control board. The control was simple to replace. There is a film ribbon that goes from the keypad to the control board. The key on the new control board was reversed, but the pin layout was the same. When I initially connected it, there was no error but the "Off/Cancel" button would not work. Redid the cable, now will only receive E1 / F2 errors (keypad not connected). If I push the ribbon cable over (exert pressure perpendicular to the connector), everything is fine. But can't get tape to hold the cable over. Based on review of other postings, there could be a crack in the film. What is the proper way to attach the film ribbon to the connector and properly seat the connector? Could there be something wrong with the control board? Since it is a non-refundable part, what do I do if it is the board? I contacted my local sources regarding a new control Panel (to replace the film cable - part # 8300452 - another $181) and no one has it. My wife bakes bread due our son's allergies and we are almost out. Help and Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 1:23:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the part number of the control board you installed?

What did you mean when you said: "Redid the cable"?

If you can post a pictures of the old and new control boards it might help even better.

Gene.
kdunk  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 1:42:49 PM(UTC)
kdunk

What is the part number of the control board you installed?

What did you mean when you said: "Redid the cable"?
At the end of the film cable is the male part of the connector that holds the film cable. The male end of the connector for the new board is flipped 180 degrees as compared to the old board. A new male connector was delivered with the new board. I carefully removed the male connector from the cable not to damage the cable tabs which were somehow held by the male connector. I cannot figure out how to lock the cable into the new connector. I would include a picture, but I can not get a decent picture of it close enough, however, I believe it is referenced in another posting.

Also, I have exchanged the new board with the old one and I am getting the same error. It's has to be something with this cable.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 4:00:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm afraid I did not get it clear yet. Hopefully pictures might help.

Gene.
kdunk  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:26:29 AM(UTC)
kdunk

I apologize, but I don't have pictures. The cable slides into connector on control board. There is a plastic piece, like a collar, that "locks" the cable into place. On each side of the cable near the end there are insets or tabs. It looks like those insets or tabs that are used to lock onto to the collar. Does this make any sense?
kdunk  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:41:06 AM(UTC)
kdunk

I have attached two pictures. One of the control board and the other of the control panel which has the cable. The connector is at the upper left corner of the control board. Your assistance is appreciated.
kdunk attached the following image(s):
00089711.jpg
00261168.jpg
Gene  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

These pictures are available everywhere. I thought you can post a picture of the old control board to compare it with the new one.

Gene.
kdunk  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 9:59:18 AM(UTC)
kdunk

I have replaced the control panel and all works.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 1:33:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

I was thinking if it was possible to fix it without the control panel but the way you went was correct in this situation. Anyway, I'm glad to hear the problem is solved.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply