Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gd8man  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:03:22 PM(UTC)
Gd8man

Groups: Registered

Thermostat part # AP4093215

Didn't come with wire diagram. New one is different than old one.
Any ideas where to get one?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ohm_sweet_ohm  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:22:00 PM(UTC)
ohm_sweet_ohm

I've got the same problem. I have an Magic Chef 3500PPW-D, but the thermostat listed for sale here (AP4093215) does not quite match the existing part. The new thermostat has more contacts for wires than the old one, and the screw holes don't quite line up where they are supposed to go, either. Without any wire diagram or a closer matching part, the prospects for fixing this old oven are looking bleak.
denman  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 3:47:11 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are the parts includes a wiring diagram for the unit.
Replacement parts for 3500 PPW models | AppliancePartsPros.com

If you click on the thermostat's picture a new page will open and there is some info on it in the Q&A
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ohm_sweet_ohm  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:34:26 PM(UTC)
ohm_sweet_ohm

OK, I see it. Thank you, denman--that is very helpful. I'll take another stab at it (though I'm not sure how to handle the issue that I was having with mounts not seeming to lining up with the existing screws; maybe I was looking at it wrongly).
ohm_sweet_ohm  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:51:19 AM(UTC)
ohm_sweet_ohm

I finally got around to attempting to use the wiring instructions on the part's page, but it still doesn't match up with the part that was sent.

The wiring instructions on the part's page are for an exact replacement of the OEM thermostat. The replacement thermostat is different from the OEM thermostat in several ways, including that the replacement has five connectors instead of the OEM part's four, the connectors are in completely different places on the replacement than on the OEM part, only three of the five connectors are labelled, and these labels bear no resemblance to those on the OEM thermostat.

On the replacement part, there are two connecting posts, each on opposite ends of the part, that have no label. The three connecting posts with labels are "COM1," "NC2," and "NO3." I have figured out that COM1 is likely power, NC2 is bake, and NO3 is broil, but even this switch still differs from the OEM part in one important respect. Checking the uninstalled thermostat's connectors with an Ohmmeter, the OEM part when the knob is in the "off" position is open with no flow of electricity through it. For the replacement part, however, the meter still detects the presence of an electrical circuit even when it is in the "off" position. This seems to me a significant difference--and one that worries me without assurance about how to wire the thing correctly and that it will indeed work properly.
denman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:23:18 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry but without actually being there to figure out the switch I cannot help.
Perhaps try a Post New Topic with the info from your last post and with luck someone knows the answer. You could also try calling the parts representatives.
That the thermostat/switch has continuity in the off position is a problem and powering it up without being sure of the wiring could cause a dead short and a dangerous situation.

I can provide some info.
The marked connectors are C= Common, NC=Normally Closed, NO=Normally Open.
The problem here is that there is no Off position for this section of the switch.
I think this is the Bake/Broil element selector part of the thermostat so C (Common) should be connected to right side of L1 thermostat contacts and the Oven Indicator Light (see the wiring diagram).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply