Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eiguapo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:04:14 PM(UTC)
eiguapo

Groups: Registered

Can somebody please tell me how/where in the corners these four vinyl tapes (AP4090654) should be placed on the underside of the cooktop? It isn't clear to me how it's going to help protect my new cooktop glass (AP4095442).

Thanks!
[URL="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-maintop-glass-item-number-ap4095442.aspx"][/URL]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:56:10 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eiguapo Go to Quoted Post
Can somebody please tell me how/where in the corners these four vinyl tapes (AP4090654) should be placed on the underside of the cooktop? It isn't clear to me how it's going to help protect my new cooktop glass (AP4095442).

Thanks!

Eiguapo,
The triangular, corner tapes will be attached to the underside of the glass cooktop, in each corner. It acts in two ways, it seals the glass to the corners of the burner box, to keep heat of the counter, and acts as a slight cushion for the glass, as well.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
eiguapo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:23:13 PM(UTC)
eiguapo

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply Joe. Hmmm... so I think I may have used them wrong. The metal frame on the underside of the glass prevents the vinyl from being attached to anywhere but the inside of that metal frame. Putting them there meant that the front two "may" touch the burner box, but there are no burner boxes to touch in the back corners, so those two pieces would be floating in space and seemingly serving no purpose.

So last night instead I trimmed the vinyl corners so that I could place them outside of the glass' metal frame in the very corners. So the vinyl is now cushioning the glass from the actual countertop.

That didn't seem right, but the other way didn't seem like it was going to accomplish much either. (The old glass top that I removed didn't have any vinyl tape or remnants as a guide.)

Any thoughts? Will I be fine just leaving it as is? Thanks again!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:11:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eiguapo Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply Joe. Hmmm... so I think I may have used them wrong. The metal frame on the underside of the glass prevents the vinyl from being attached to anywhere but the inside of that metal frame. Putting them there meant that the front two "may" touch the burner box, but there are no burner boxes to touch in the back corners, so those two pieces would be floating in space and seemingly serving no purpose.

So last night instead I trimmed the vinyl corners so that I could place them outside of the glass' metal frame in the very corners. So the vinyl is now cushioning the glass from the actual countertop.

That didn't seem right, but the other way didn't seem like it was going to accomplish much either. (The old glass top that I removed didn't have any vinyl tape or remnants as a guide.)

Any thoughts? Will I be fine just leaving it as is? Thanks again!

Eiguapo,
You'll be fine, with the set up you have. The tape will still do the work of reducing the heat radiated on to the counter top, that's the important part.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply