Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VirtualGreg  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:12:48 AM(UTC)
VirtualGreg

Groups: Registered

We noticed a mild smell of electrical/wire Burning a couple of days ago when using the oven but it didn't persist and the oven itself carried on fine. We cooked dinner and because it was never too strong didn't dwell on it.

Yesterday we went to pre-heat to 400 and my wife heard something and saw what she described as 'flames' behind the electrical control panel. Turned oven off on circuit breaker until I could take a closer look.

This morning I popped the control panel off and whilst there didn't seem to be signs of burning around the panel itself I did see where it looks like something had burnt out... I snapped some pics with the phone here... which I'm attaching to the post...

Desperately hoping this isn't the end of the road for the oven... anyone have any thoughts on how fixable this is?

Thanks,
Greg
VirtualGreg attached the following image(s):
oven burn left near side above oven behind panel.jpg
control panel popped off.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

VirtualGreg  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:33:24 PM(UTC)
VirtualGreg

One other thing probably worth mentioning... the heating element at the bottom of the oven doesn't work anymore. No error codes have come up, and if you go to start the oven it counts down but no heat...

I'll test the thermal fuse but I'm also concerned that the area you can see in the first picture which is to the right near corner behind the electrical control panel something burnt out bad...

Would love some thoughts on what might have gone wrong and how fixable it is...

Thanks,
Greg
VirtualGreg  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:50:48 AM(UTC)
VirtualGreg

I just pulled the wall oven out, and tested the thermal fuse since it has given us trouble before but the thermal fuse is showing continuity, so it's fine. I think I'm going to peel a few more panels off and see what components burnt out visibly on the right near side of the oven behind the control panel...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply