Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fkralowetz  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 6:53:00 AM(UTC)
fkralowetz

Groups: Registered

Just replaced the gas valve thinking that was the source of the problem causing the oven not to light when in the Bake function. Bake function still inoperative with new valve. The function select and thermostat controls are functioning correctly. The Bake glo plug lights, however, I notice that the glow on the bake glo plug seems to be concentrated at the center of the plug, whereas the glo plug for the Broil function seems to be illuminated along the whole length of the plug. Would it be correct to assume that the Bake glo plug may not be producing sufficient heat to trip the gas valve and that a new glo plug is required? (Correction on the Model Number: RSS-380 instead of RSS-388)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fkralowetz  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:32:00 AM(UTC)
fkralowetz

Groups: Registered

I am going to respond to my own posting to inform others of my experience with this problem. On the chance that the glo plug (oven bake igniter) was faulty, I ordered a new igniter. Replacement of the igniter solved my problem. This result confirms that you can have an igniter that may appear to be operative when, in fact, the glow is too weak to trip the gas valve. By the way, the gas valve replacement was also a necessary action since it too was faulty (small leak and defective terminal lug).
magician59  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:04:08 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Well done. Except for the unnecessary expense of a gas valve, I'm glad you were able to solve your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply