Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Drepp  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 5:21:01 PM(UTC)
Drepp

Groups: Registered

Started Self Clean last night. Control panel is not working and oven still locked. Read blog from 2007 that this model can blow the thermostat on the back of the oven when using Self Clean.

The parts list for this model shows 2 theromostat's #23 - Thrmst-fix AP3799085 and #37 - Thermostat Spst 3086326. Looking at the back of the oven I see a part that matches #37, but do not see anything that looks like #23....trying to determine where part #23 is and determine which one I need to replace.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drepp  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 7:06:54 PM(UTC)
Drepp

Update. The part I need is #37 Thermostat. I bypassed the #37 Thermostat and the control panel now works and the oven is unlocked.

I have ordered this part to install, however it is disappointing that the self clean function causes this issue.

thanks...
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 4:52:35 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: drepp Go to Quoted Post
update. the part i need is #37 thermostat. i bypassed the #37 thermostat and the control panel now works and the oven is unlocked.

i have ordered this part to install, however it is disappointing that the self clean function causes this issue.

thanks...

well, you better replace the sensor too, or when you put it in the clean mode it will blow the thermal fix again. the oven is getting too hot in the clean cycle, so it is blowing the thermal fix, so the oven does not burn down the house. tom
malam  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:03:51 PM(UTC)
malam

Hi,
HOw do I take the oven out from the wall to check the back of the oven for THRMST-FIX? Any quick suggestion?
--malam
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 3:18:07 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: malam Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
HOw do I take the oven out from the wall to check the back of the oven for THRMST-FIX? Any quick suggestion?
--malam

Open the oven door, and there is a trim piece on the right side and the left side. It starts from the bottom of the control panel, to the bottom of the oven. When you open the door, you will see close to the bottom of the trim, on the inside, a phillips head screw. Remove the screw, and grab the trim piece at the bottom, and pull it out about 4 inches, and then pull down, and then the top part of the trim piece will come off the bottom of the control panel. Do the same on the other side, and then once the trim pieces are off, it will expose the screws that hold the oven to the cabinet. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply