Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stillwater  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:29:51 AM(UTC)
Stillwater

Groups: Registered

At a cost of almost $400, I have acquired the control panel part (AP2995057) for my oven, but I do not know where to begin with the installation. The Whirlpool customer service people claimed to look for a pdf, but told me they couldn't find one, only to then ask if the unit was gas or electric, which tells me that they didn't even look, or have no such instructions for DIY'rs. Anyway, a couple of pages from a service manual, or a simple "do this, do that, don't do this or that" guide is pretty much all that I need, as the panel itself is "plug-n-play", once I can access it...

Many thanks...
Frank
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:50:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Frank,

Remove the rear panel. There are a few plugs and wires connected to the control board. I believe the board secured with the one or two screws on each side. Remove these screws without removing the wires and plugs from the old board. Install the new board and carefully move the wires and plugs from the old part to the new one (one thing a a time).

Gene.
Stillwater  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:11:50 PM(UTC)
Stillwater

Thanks Gene. The big problem I am having is figurng out how to remove the rear panel - it is one continuous stamping, from the rear feet to the top of the chassis... It appears that the best approach is to access the control panel through the front, but how..? Any further assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:10:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Frank,

I believe it's easier to access the control board from the rear panel then through the front. You can find the instructions attached to the reply.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
ACCESSING COMPONENTS BEHIND THE REAR PANEL.doc (41kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Stillwater  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 5:24:13 AM(UTC)
Stillwater

Gene,

Thanks for the diagram, but it isn't that simple. I am attaching a parts list/diagram from Whirlpool for my stove (KERH507YWH0).

I had already managed to get the referenced access panel off the back of the stove, but the only opening into the control area is an oblong circle about 4" long and 2 1/2" wide, which is crammed full of wires that lead to the control panel. The remainder of the back panel is listed as part of the main chassis on page 8 & 9 of the pdf I have attached. It is pretty clear to me that there is no access to the control panel from the back of the stove, so again, can you offer any tips on where to start with the front/sides of the control riser shown on page 3 of the attachment?

I appreciate you assistance and advice. If you will look at the diagrams I've attached, I think you will understand my dilemma.

Thanks, Frank
File Attachment(s):
Repair Part List - 4174240.pdf (308kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply