Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbbbbb  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
bbbbbb

Groups: Registered

I have a double wall oven (Kitchen Aid Superba) that gave me an error code on the control panel. The control would not turn on and pressing buttons just provided beeps.

I replaced the controller and the unit has worked fine for about a month - yesterday, however, it wouldn't heat up.

Everything else appears to be working fine - choosing either oven and either heating option and then selecting "start" has the oven go through the other motions - the fan comes on and it switches to "Lo" on the temperature display but the oven doesn't heat up (neither top nor bottom).

Interestingly (and possibly telling?), the oven lights don't come on when either door is opened but pressing the "oven light" button does turn them all on.

I have tried:
Resetting the main breaker to the oven.
Leaving the breaker off for a few hours, and then repowering it.

There are no error codes on the controls. The only error code we saw on the control (the one that we have since replaced) was an F2 E6 (Cancel key drive line open) - and pressing cancel cleared the codes. They never did return. About 3 months later, the controls would no longer light or work, just beep (as mentioned above).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:52:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
bbbbbb  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 10:20:47 AM(UTC)
bbbbbb

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.

Gene,
That is the model number. I've attached a picture from my phone.

Bernie

I have since removed the controller and can see (part of) the issue.

The attached pictures might help.

The picture with the circles is the replacement (remanufactured) board - the red circle was existing discoloration on the board and the yellow circle shows the new "damage".

The replacement board was what they installed after taking my original board out - the part numbers do not match (maybe it is just a later version?) so that might be an issue?

The original board is back in the office and the oven is working normally (with the exception that the clock is not very bright. (The original board had stopped working and was just beeping but since it had taken 4 weeks to get a replacement board in when we re-powered the oven prior to them replacing the board, it was working normally (clock condition existed then too). )

(The first two pictures - after the model number are the old control board. The others are the replacement remanufactured one)
bbbbbb attached the following image(s):
2012-02-24_14.15.06.jpg
origboard-full.jpg
origboard-partno.jpg
remanboard-full.jpg
remanboard-new-label.jpg
remanboard-partno1.jpg
remanboard-with-circles.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply