Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DSC  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:33:37 PM(UTC)
DSC

Groups: Registered

We moved into an apartment, & the existing Dacor oven door doesn't seem to close tightly and food takes way too long to cook. I was told that the door latch needs to be replaced. Attached is a photo of the door latch we removed, part #86166. We received part #AP4515776 which we were told is the direct replacement but looks different and wanted to confirm that this is correct. I realize that the new door latch may not fix the problem but hopefully it will.

Does anyone think that the door issue might be something other than the latch, because as I continue research it seems that the latch is only relevant for cleaning but it doesn't work for that either.
DSC attached the following image(s):
original door latch.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:44:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The problem you mentioned has nothing to do with the door latch. The door lats works only when you used the self clean mode. Otherwise the door is not latched.

Most likely the cause of this problem is a broken/bend door hinges or bend door frame and/or inner door liner. The hinges can be replaced, but if the problem is with the door frame or door liner - it's not repairable.

- The kit of the door hinges Part number: AP4366050
Part number: AP4366050

Gene.
DSC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:28:45 PM(UTC)
DSC

Groups: Registered

Thank you so much. How do I know where the problem lies, as it all looks fine. Hinges don't appear to be bent, and the door seems to be okay - I think. Could it be the door sealer?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:37:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you can not see what caused the problem, then you probably have to call a pro for diagnosis. Guessing does not work and can be very expensive.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply