Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brewthis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:37:31 AM(UTC)
brewthis

Groups: Registered

Hello:

Here is a list of symptoms associated with the oven in the order they appeared. The unit is a dual-fuel Jenn-Air downdraft unit, 30" wide. Oven is electric, cook top is propane:

2 months ago: When you pressed the 1 button on the keypad, say to set an oven temp of 150F, the oven light would flash on. The keypad refused to accept the number. But you could type the 2 button and above and the keypad would accept the number.

1.5 months ago: Internal fan started coming on when the oven reached 250F. This is not the downdraft fan. Downdraft fan was still operating.

2 weeks ago: Downdraft fan was operating during a bake, then stopped running for 15 seconds, came back on for 2 minutes, then stopped working totally. Now it does not work at all even when the oven is cool. But, I still hear some kind of internal fan turn on when the oven reaches 250F. It is not the downdraft fan.

Last night: During the middle of the night, the oven light came on for a second, then turned off, then cycle back on after 30 seconds and then turn off. It was somewhat funny to watch it cycle in a dark kitchen.

I have turned off the power to the stove. Does the touchpad membrane need to be replaced or should I call Hollywood with a story idea on performing an oven exorcism?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.