Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dms  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:12:14 PM(UTC)
dms

Groups: Registered

The oven will pre-heat and start to BAKE. However, at some point during the BAKE cycle the oven will quit. The indications on the Control Panel are that the oven is still in the BAKE mode but it is not operating. The only way to get it to start baking again is to press CANCEL and start over. Sometimes it will work fine and other times it will do as described above. It won't always display an error code when it acts up. If I press CANCEL to recall the last known error it displays E2 (orange letters) and -F1- (green letters). According to the Tech. Sheet this indicates a UL A/D Error. I did the recommended re-set and after longer than 1 minute the error does not return. Thus indicating that it has been re-set. However, the oven will still occasionally quit during a BAKE cycle. The BROIL cycle seems to work fine. The ignitors seem to work fine. The Oven Temp. Probe resistance checks fine, 1080ohms at room temp.. I am in the process of checking the safety regulator gas valve for resistance and voltage. From what I have read the resistance should be 215ohms and the voltage 8-18. I am inclined to think it is either a Control Panel (Part # AP3604342) -or- a faulty Bake side of the gas safety regulator valve. Do you have any additional ideas on what the problem might be?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dms  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:48:53 PM(UTC)
dms

Groups: Registered

I checked the regulator valve and it checks out okay. I ran some checks on the DSI panel per the Technician Repair/Test Manual and it checks out fine. Also, I started the oven on a BAKE cycle at 350 degrees. It starts, preheats gets to 350 degrees and does just fine. I opened the door to the oven and as soon as it gets to less than the selected temp. the ignition kicks on and it lights right up. The BROIL cycle works just fine as well. The unit will still display error code E2 -F1- if you press the CANCEL button for more than 5 seconds. The Cancel button will make some odd sounds if you move your finger around on it while pressing it. Also, on occasion when you press the CANCEL button to stop a BAKE or BROIL cycle it won't stop it unless you press it a second or third time. I had all of the panels off the back of the unit and all of the wiring that I could see and/or illuminate with a flashlight looked just fine. I am becoming more and more convinced that it is the Oven Control (ERC Panel) that has a glitch in it, that only every now and then causes the problem. Perhaps it has something to do with the CANCEL buttons periodic odd behavior. Touch Screens and Digitized buttons are cool looking but not near as durable as good old fashioned knobs and levers. Unless someone thinks I am completely off base I think I will order the ERC panel ($196) and give it a shot! Additionally, I read on another forum that using cleaner (Windex etc.) on these panels, in excess, can cause problems. You guessed it, asked my wife if she has done this in the past and she said "Yes, it was the only way to get the grease from cooking off of it." I guess you are suppose to just use a damp cloth. As you look closely at the backside of the panel (the circuit board) you can see areas along the edge that appear to have had some type of fluid (I'm guessing Windex) leak onto it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply