Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ugone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:21:31 PM(UTC)
ugone

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have whirlpool double oven which went dead couple of months ago.
It started out as display lights fading over a week period and than went black without any error code.
when open door lights inside turn on.
push any buttons and i hear push button sounds but when i push start button, it beeps few times but nothing happens.
1) I checked for POWER INTO THE CONTROL BOARD by measuring voltage at pin 1 and 3 on connector p24 and got 120 volts across pin 1 and 3.So thermal fuse alright.
2) POWER TO THE TRANSFORMER:At connector 16 i measured voltage across pin 5 and 7 and it was 120v across those two pins so power is going to transformer from board.
Next i measured power comming out of the transformer at pin 2 and 3 on connector p16 and found it to be 24v which means transformer is working and stepping down voltage from 120 to 24 to go into the board.
Does this eliminate as bad board? If it does than
What could be causing this kind of malfunction where there is no display to the control panel?
To do these tests, I followed these instruction.
Whirlpool oven is dead – no display, no beeping. Does the control board need to be repaired? « ApplianceBoards
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.