Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 11:02:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most common cause for an erratic sparking is a bad ground. You have to check how the cooktop is grounded and make sure there is a solid ground. If the wires are in the same position it does not mean there is nothing wrong. Also the problem could be a poor house ground too. To make sure this is not the issue connect the body of the cooktop to a water pipe with a good wire.

Gene.
abadfish66  
#22 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 11:30:37 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Also, on some models there is a graphite pad under each burner that must be there, or you can get erratic sparking as well.
smithalex  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:18:10 PM(UTC)
smithalex

Groups: Registered

I have GE sealed gas cooktop with model # JGP933SEF1SS and the four igniters are constantly sparking even while the knob is in the off position or the on position, until I unplug it. There hasn't been a spill on the cooktop. I cleaned the ceramic igniters without any resolution. Would there be a problem with the spark module or harness switch? I appreciate your help.
Gene  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:08:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

The first thing I would check are the knobs. Pull them out, one by one, and check for any crack from the bottom where it's attached to the valve stem.

If there is nothing wrong then second failure suspect are the ignition switches. They are sold as a switch harness assembly which includes all switches in one harness. You can disconnect both harness terminals and check them for continuity. If the circuit is closed while all the switches are in the "off" position, then the problem is there.

If all of the above is good then the problem is a bad spark module.

- The part number for the knob is AP3427235

- The part number for the switch harness is AP3783914

- The part number for the spark module is AP3778816

Gene.
PeterM  
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:49:13 AM(UTC)
PeterM

I have a GE XL44 (JGB920SEC3SS) range. One burner's igniter won't spark, the other 3 and the oven are fine. The burners and base seem fine, and the screws are tight. The igniter tip looks like the other three. Ideas?
daveMess  
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:42:13 PM(UTC)
daveMess

I have the same stove - with Kool Lite model 6544g10 ignitor unit - but the issue for me is my oven is not lighting cause the pezzo or whatever it is called has a broken tip - is that ignition lighter included when you replace the 6544G10 ?
PeterM  
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:53:57 PM(UTC)
PeterM

I just swapped the left rear igniter for the right rear igniter. The problem remained in the left rear. So, the igniter is fine, it must be related to the wire, the connection or the actual igniter module. I don't see how I get to the part. Anyone know?
daveMess  
#28 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:19:25 AM(UTC)
daveMess

My issue was the OVEN was not igniting - not the stove top - and when I took off the pan cover at the bottom of the oven I could look at the ignitor and see there was major deterioration on the ignitor - part no 12400035 - problem solved. And I am ready down the road for the next time - which will never happen cause I am prepared for it - it will obviuosly be something else.
vikkaraja  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:07:29 PM(UTC)
vikkaraja

Hello There, I am new here and I really could use some help. I have GE stove model JGSP23BEY2BB. Problem looks like is with the ignition module , but I would feel much better if you expert agree with me also. One of the burner does not lite occasionally and I have to use a lighter to lite it. I am not sure how it all started but I do have one of the rear burner left disconnected. Since one burner is left disconnected do you think it may be causing a problem for one of the other one not to ignite. Any help will be welcomed.Thanks.
Gene  
#30 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 4:26:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Quote:
...One of the burner does not lite occasionally...

Does its igniter spark? Does it make a clicking noise? Would it spark if you turn on any other burner?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply