Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
anotherlisa  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:20:58 AM(UTC)
anotherlisa

Groups: Registered

:eek: So I'm due to make a wedding cake, and suddenly my oven's electronic keypad stopped working! My burners all work just fine, but most of the buttons on the keypad don't work anymore.

I've tried turning off the breaker to let the oven re-set, but nothing changed. The time still shows (wrong of course) and the oven will still lock, but none of the important buttons do. Not even the set up button.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:48:42 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
most of the buttons on the keypad don't work

Keyboad buttons not responding could be caused by a problem in the control panel, the electronic control behind it or in the connection between those two parts. Some investigation would be required to determine which.

There may also be the possibility that the control was just somehow set in a 'child lockout' mode. Check your owner's manual to see if your model has such a feature and how to operate it to make sure that isn't the cause.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
anotherlisa  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:01:06 PM(UTC)
anotherlisa

Thanks so much! I'll check it out. Looks like I have a service guy coming out tomorrow to check to see what the issue is. Hopefully it's a part I'll be able to replace myself.

Fingers crossed!
gne_norris  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:45:16 PM(UTC)
gne_norris

I've had my Jenn-air (Jgs8750adb) for 3 years and have needed to replace the control panel 3 times. I was told that it is caused by heat .... note: control panel is just above the oven door! Now they are telling me that the part is not available and for $278, they will install a replacement stove. I've spent $675 already on repair costs (labor not included in warranty) so now I'll be $950 over what I shelled out when I bought this piece of junk in 2006! My choice is to shell out $278 more or go out and buy a stove for $500 or more. This range should have been recalled.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply