Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjmurray98@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:55:34 PM(UTC)
mjmurray98@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool wall oven recently failed after a self cleaning cycle. The whole thing was dead, no lights, door stayed locked, etc. It did NOT blow the circuit breaker. After doing a little research online, I got the door open, pulled out the oven, and checked the thermal limit fuse. It was blown. I replaced it with the same part# (4451042), and put the oven back in the wall. All was well, the panel lit up, oven light works, door isn't locked anymore. I thought I had her fixed, but she won't heat up. The fan doesn't come on when you set it to convection cooking. Any ideas?? FYI, it's an Ikea wall oven, manufactured by Whirlpool. Thanks for your time!

Update: I put a meter on the elements, and they aren't getting any power when the oven is turned to bake.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.