Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ken_H  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:06:58 AM(UTC)
Ken_H

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Accubake oven model GY397LXUS02. Recently the control touch panel has stopped responding. The Bake, Warm and self clean buttons have no response, but the Broil button still works and the display change to HI. On the keypad, none of the numbers work, but the display still response to the Cancel button. Is it a switch or replace the whole control panel?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 4:10:56 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GY397LXUS02 30" Slide-In Electric Range | AppliancePartsPros.com

I could not find any technical data on this unit.

It could be either the control panel or the control board.

Have you tried unplugging it for a couple minutes to see if it will reset?

I would try the following

Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

If the above does not do anything and everything looks OK then I would replace the control panel first but without technical info that is just a guess.
In other words just a crap shoot.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
manuser  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:39:11 AM(UTC)
manuser

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Ken_H Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool Accubake oven model GY397LXUS02. Recently the control touch panel has stopped responding. The Bake, Warm and self clean buttons have no response, but the Broil button still works and the display change to HI. On the keypad, none of the numbers work, but the display still response to the Cancel button. Is it a switch or replace the whole control panel?

This exact scenario happened to me, leaving only the BROIL and the CANCEL button working. It must be designed obsolescence. Costs $100 to replace the control panel membrane. Does anyone know how it breaks?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply