Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeALLEN03  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:41:29 PM(UTC)
DeALLEN03

Groups: Registered

Got a replacement part from website & in taking old part out marked wires as to which locations they were plugged into so that I could connect new pigtailed part back the same way. The oven control panel does now "light" red light when oven temp control is turned on (didn't light before part replacement) but the ignitor doesn't appear to get hot/glow to light oven. The broiler ignitor works fine. Could there be another part that went out with the failing ignitor or do I have something not making connection? I used wire splice connectors & not wirenuts provided as they are below oven floor away from heat under the back/drawer area. Could that be a problem? Please advise & "THANK YOU" in advance. Later, Douglas Allen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 4:16:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Douglas,

The first thing I would do is double check the wires connection for a good tight contact.

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
DeALLEN03  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 7:05:36 PM(UTC)
DeALLEN03

Groups: Registered

Hey Gene thanks for the reply. I'll check connections in the AM but in meantime here the complete story on oven/range; GE BrandXL44 Self-Cleaning range, model# RGB745BEA4AD; Serial# VZ203629R was in home when purchased 7yrs ago & was about 1-1.5 yrs older from when purchased. Later, Douglas:D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply