Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CHXSailor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:54:20 PM(UTC)
CHXSailor

Groups: Registered

Jenn Air SVE47100B was in the house when we bought it two years ago. On Christmas day when when we were cooking the ham we heard a pop. The clock and digital control was off and the bake element looked as though it was arcing from near the back (not the connections or against the wall, but along the rear section of the actual element). The stove top burners were still operable. We unplugged it and the arcing stopped on the bake element, but the element was broken. I replaced the bake element and the clock control (part number 71002331) with new parts from a local supplier. It all fits back together (did lots of surfing and phoning). Put the power back on and the clock comes on, but when I turn on the bake or the broil, the elements in the oven don't get hot. The control unit will click as though it is trying to heat, and the temperature indicator doesn't rise above 100 degrees, the lowest number that it can register (as soon as you press "bake," it automatically registers "100" regardless of the temperature until it gets above 100 degrees). All connections appear to be tight. I replaced one of the connectors on the red wire that connects into E1 L2 plug. There were some burn marks on that connector and wire as well as the E7 L2 connector on the old clock component. When I activate the broil, the blower comes on, however when the bake is on the fan does not come on when I flip the switch.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:59:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the serial number of the range?

Gene.
CHXSailor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 4:35:42 PM(UTC)
CHXSailor

Thanks for the reply, Gene. The serical number is 11924231SK.

There is (what I believe is) an electrical switch in the space between the right burner and the the oven with a black wire running from the power cord connection in the back into it, and an orange wire running out to the broil element and then to the bake element. My guess is that the digital touch panel is sending a signal to the elements (that's what the clicking noise is) but this electrical switch is fried and won't let power get to the elements to complete the circuit. Problem is I don't know what that little switch is called. It has several numbers: 7403P449-60 and 202526 are two of them. It's about a half an inch in diameter, three quarters of an inch tall with the two flat connections coming out either side 2 inches across for the black and orange wires.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:21:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Most likely the problem is the hi-limit switch (#23 on the body break down diagram).

I believe we are talking about the same switch:

UserPostedImage

- The part number for the hi-limit switch is AP3749994

Good luck.
Gene.
CHXSailor  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:41:05 PM(UTC)
CHXSailor

Gene--that looks like the part to me. Sure appreciate it...hopefully the old stove will work after I replace this piece.

Good luck on your next fishing trip.

CC
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:06:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thank you and keep me updated, please.

Gene.
CHXSailor  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 2:18:24 PM(UTC)
CHXSailor

Success.

Found it in stock at a local store, picked it up after work, came home and it took about 5 minutes to get it in and opscheck the bake and broil element. Spent longer screwing all the screws and bolts back in and getting the exhaust fan hooked back. Drinking to the fact that another appliance won't end up in the land fill.

If you get east to Virginia Beach, we'll go out for raw oysters, blue crabs, and beers on the CHX Bay, and I'll introduce you to something they don't have in So Cal...95% humidity.

Cheers and good fishing.

CC
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply