Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
khsonic03  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:12:06 AM(UTC)
khsonic03

Groups: Registered

HELP!

I moved into a new home and my wife noticed that her baked goods weren't rising, and her food wasn't cooking thoroughly or as quickly as it should.

I bought a Cooper oven thermometer (highly rated for accuracy) and found out that the oven was 75 degrees cooler than it should be on the center rack at 350 degrees. I used the control board to calibrate the temp up by 35 degrees (max allowable) and the oven is still off by about 40 to 50 degrees.

Then I bought a new sensor/thermostat (which goes toward the top of the oven) and there was no change.

I then decided to purchase a new control board (part #WB27T10807), installed it and the SAME exact problem.

Today, I took off the left panel and tested the continuity of the bake element, which was 20 ohms. I also checked voltage at the wire terminals to the bake element and it was 240+ volts.

What can I do next?? Is it possible that the bake element is not fully functioning? Can the sensor/thermostat at the top of the oven be sending the wrong ohm reading to the control board?

Please help. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.