Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gumphrey Smith  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 10:15:04 AM(UTC)
Gumphrey Smith

Groups: Registered

The dual burner on my Jenn Air cooktop doesn't seen to work when the larger section is tunred on. At times it seems to be completely red however most of the time it isn't It doesn't seem to cook on the large side and if so only intermitently. Do I need a new eleement or other parts? I am ordering and wanted to know what you think is needed? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:59:45 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
The dual burner on my Jenn Air cooktop doesn't seen to work when the larger section is turned on. Do I need a new element or other parts?

That is impossible to say without some actual testing. The element, the element's limiter switch, the control switch or the wiring between them could also be possibilities. And with the problem being intermittent it is going to make finding out more difficult since the condition will need to be present at the time of testing. :rolleyes:

If power IS getting to the element but it was not heating, the element or limiter would likely be the problem and need to be replaced. (The limiter is only sold along with the element - see the link below)

LINK > Dual Element and Limiter Asm.

If power was NOT getting to the element when it stopped heating, the element switch (which on your model looks to be the 'custom control' circuit board - see the link below) or a loose connection in the wiring from it to the element could be responsible.

LINK > Jenn-Air JEC9530ADB 'Custom Control' Dual Element Switch

JFYI

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply