Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mehzark  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 11:44:50 AM(UTC)
mehzark

Groups: Registered

The Left Hand Side, Rear burner does not light. It is one of two burners with a low flame simmer control. This burner sparks but appears not to get any gas. All 3 other burners work just fine. I have read posts about the Potentiometer and suspect it may be my problem too. I have three questions:

(1) It seems the original part is no longer available and the currently available potentiometer can only be used with the current version of the gas simmer kit. Does this mean I have to buy the kit with two potentiometers (I think I only need one) and the simmer control? If so, what is the part number I should get?

(2) I am pretty handy but the web site suggests that only a qualified repair person do the job. How seriously should I take this suggestion?

(3) In spite of me thinking I'm pretty handy, I am having trouble removing the stove top to get at all this stuff. I have removed the long brass bolts under all 4 burners but the top does not seem to lift up. Should I try harder to lift it or is there something else holding it down.

Thanks very much for your help.
Charlie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:38:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Charlie,

Perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached file and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for THERMADOR RDSS30 S/N 9707 & UP | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
mehzark  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
mehzark

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Charlie,

Perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached file and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for THERMADOR RDSS30 S/N 9707 & UP | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Thanks Gene. To do the trouble shooting I'll need to raise the lid and I can't figure out how to do this. I have removed the long brass bolts under all 4 burners but the top does not seem to lift up. Should I try harder to lift it or is there something else holding it down. Any hints?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:15:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you unscrewed all venturi nuts, lift the burners and the cooktop. Very likely it's just stuck with grease.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply