Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcphersong  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 6:29:03 PM(UTC)
mcphersong

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have a jenn air model SVE47600B. The 4 buttons on the membrane that control the oven no longer do anything. When pressed, there is no beep, and no action from the oven itself. The other membrane butons work normally. Is there a way to ohm out the membrane to verify that it is ok, or do I have to assume that because some of them work, it is the circuit board behind the membrane that is the issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 9:35:24 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
Is there a way to ohm out the membrane to verify that it is ok

It can be tested with an ohm meter or continuity tester although finding the connection matrix to do the testing by is often something else. With any luck it might be printed on the range's wiring diagram. Have a look.

LINK > Jenn-Air SVE47600B Control Panel and Keypad Asm.

JFYI

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
gne_norris  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:47:23 PM(UTC)
gne_norris

Groups: Registered

I've had my Jenn-air (Jgs8750adb) for 3 years and have needed to replace the control panel 3 times. I was told that it is caused by heat .... note: control panel is just above the oven door! Now they are telling me that the part is not available and for $278, they will install a replacement stove. I've spent $675 already on repair costs (labor not included in warranty) so now I'll be $950 over what I shelled out when I bought this piece of junk in 2006! My choice is to shell out $278 more or go out and buy a stove for $500 or more. This range should have been recalled.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply