Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
als10365  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 2:11:44 PM(UTC)
als10365

Groups: Registered

I have a Tappan double wall oven made in 1993 inCanada, for Frigidaire in Dublin, Ohio. It will not hold the temperaturesteady, and it fluctuates up to 60 degrees when set at a given temp....like350. Other than that it works fine.

Model # 11-5969-10/05,

Serial # NF031604907.

I am thinking that it needs a temperature sensor or a temperature controller.

A repairman that did not do a thing to help me says theupper oven (which is self cleaning) is # 520 320 6499, and the lower oven is # 520 320 2198.Do you have the parts to fix it......please!!!

I really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks, Ann
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ramblinche81  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
ramblinche81

There is a sticky in the upper section showing how to check the sensor with an Ohm meter.

If the sensor checks out, then your controller is most likely bad.
als10365  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 10:06:19 PM(UTC)
als10365

THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP ME, BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN "THERE IS A STICKY IN THE UPPER SECTION". AND, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN "IF THE SENSOR CHECKS OUT". I'M SORRY....WOULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE. YOU ARE TALKING TO A 66 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO IS GOOD AT SOME THINGS, BUT IS NOT AT ALL INTO REPAIRING APPLIANCES........UNLESS I CAN DO IT WITH A BOBBY PIN! THANKS, ANN:mad:

Originally Posted by: ramblinche81 Go to Quoted Post
There is a sticky in the upper section showing how to check the sensor with an Ohm meter.

If the sensor checks out, then your controller is most likely bad.
ramblinche81  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 7:21:18 PM(UTC)
ramblinche81

Originally Posted by: als10365 Go to Quoted Post
THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP ME, BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN "THERE IS A STICKY IN THE UPPER SECTION". AND, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN "IF THE SENSOR CHECKS OUT". I'M SORRY....WOULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE. YOU ARE TALKING TO A 66 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO IS GOOD AT SOME THINGS, BUT IS NOT AT ALL INTO REPAIRING APPLIANCES........UNLESS I CAN DO IT WITH A BOBBY PIN! THANKS, ANN:mad:

The sensor is the part which tells the oven controller what the temp is. Think of it like an electronic oven thermometer connected to the brains of the oven. If the sensor is bad, it is easily replace and is cheap. Also easy to test if good/bad.

usually it looks like what you would think a thermometer sticking into the oven cacity would look like. About six or eight inches long a little smaller than a pencil. Usually in the top left or right corner.

Here is what the sticky's are about....When you first open up the Oven/Range forum the first repair topics listed are the common items and are labeled with a 'sticky". I have no idea why they are called sticky's other than they are stuck on every page.

You are looking for the one labeled as below...

How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter

If all you have is a bobby pin to work with, you will need the help of a friend or neighbor who can diagnose simple electrical stuff.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply