Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bjlidi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 7:04:06 AM(UTC)
bjlidi

Groups: Registered

The oven has gone kaput after 8 years of service. I changed the hidden bake element which was broken in pieces. I have checked continuity across the dual broil and convection bake elements and they seem to be OK. I still do not get any heat from the oven no matter what mode is punched in. Is there a reliable way to check if the control board is dead?

I do not get any fault codes and the keypad seems to work fine. I also checked the temperature probe sticking out in the oven by exposing it to a lighter flame while in bake mode and the display registers higher temperature than Lo.

I am trying to decide on whether to go for the $$$ control board or get a new oven.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:48:00 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

If your symptoms are just the oven elements are not working but everything else (including the control) appears to be functioning, there just might be a problem with power getting to those elements.

The wiring diagram for your model shows a 20 amp fuse in series with the L2 power supply to the electronic control which is switched to all the oven elements. That fuse could just have opened when the bake element blew.

I do not see the fuse listed in the parts list so do not know where it is located. Someone might want to confirm its existence in the wiring diagram with the appliance and/or in the appliance's wiring.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply