Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pketcham  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 10:54:35 AM(UTC)
pketcham

Groups: Registered

Hello. I have a Kitchenaid KEMC308KSS01 with a dead display Panel. The oven was warming up for 20 minutes and all of a sudden, the display blanked out as if the main circuit breaker tripped. Within a couple seconds, the display came back up with an error for a few seconds then went dead again...permanently. The circuit breaker was not tripped (it wasn't). I check the breaker to make sure it was not going bad (it isn't). I pulled the display panel off and checked the continuity on the main bus fuse (it's fine).

Observations. When the panel went dead, there was a slight ozone smell, but no smoke and no fizzle. When I open the oven door and microwave door, neither of the interior lights comes on.

I've had this unit apart 5 or 6 time in the last 6 years for various parts and know my way around this unit, but I am stumped as to where to start. I don't mind replacing a control panel, but if I can save myself $400.00 that would be great.

Anyone with suggestions would be greatly appreciate. I read somewhere where the transformer for this panel might have gone out (it's independent of the control panel). I am unfamiliar with how to check the volt in and out correctly on this, although I know it should be 120V coming in and around 10V coming out.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.