Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lgladchun  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:10:26 PM(UTC)
lgladchun

Groups: Registered

I have an infinite control switch for a Jenn-Air cooktop to install. I couldn't get a picture of the switch to attach to this posting but I can send it separately. My email is larry@gladchun.net. I replaced of these on this cooktop and all but one works fine. All I did was map over from the old switch to the new. I cannot figure out why the 1 switch does not perform properly. I replaced the switch with a new switch 2 times and no luck. I am thinking I looked at it wrong when I did the mapping over.

The switch has an L1 and L2 flat post and an H1 and H2 flat post connect. It also has a P flat post connect. I believe that the L1 and L2 are for incoming hot and common and the H1 and H2 are for the outgoing hot and common. The P I assume is for the P pilot light? Also, on one of the post a double clip is to be used to connect 2 wires to that post. I am thinking that this may be where the problem lies. Why the double post? Is it to jump power?
Can someone confirm or correct my thinking on the posts and give me a way to sort this out or trouble shot it?
Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.