Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
axjaju  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:23:13 AM(UTC)
axjaju

Groups: Registered

hi,

The cleaning lady used an abrasive cleaner (containing sodium hydroxide) on my cook top. Now the metallic finish of the control panel is all gone and it looks really bad - patchy and with spots.
the controls are working fine.

I ordered a new control panel. Now I need to install that. From my understanding Iwill have to move the range forward and then unscrew the old panel and then put the new one. Since its a free standing oven, I should be able to move it forward a few inches.Oh and the flooring is hardwood floor.

My question is - is this how the panel will be replaced? Any other better ideas? Any precautions I should take?

Model # SF362LXss
Make: Whirlpool.

Thanks

Ankita
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:22:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Ankita,

Pull the range out of the wall as far as the gas line goes. Turn the gas shut off valve (behind the range) off and disconnect the gas line. Now you can pull the range as far as you need.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL SF362LXSS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
axjaju  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:34:00 AM(UTC)
axjaju

Hi Gene ,

Thanks for your reply. I have ordered part number AP3885364. Now my followup questions are -

[LIST=1]
  • Can I attempt to do this by myself with help from my husband?
  • Should I just pull the range forward? I don't need to unscrew anything? I remember reading something about an "Anti-tip" mechanism.
  • Does changing the panel require any electrical work? We are doing it for cosmetic purposes only. Everything is working fine.[/LIST]Really appreicate your help.

Thanks

Ankita
  • Gene  
    #4 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:53:44 PM(UTC)
    Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
    Quote:
    Can I attempt to do this by myself with help from my husband?

Why not? If you know how to handle a simple tools and you husband is strong enough :) then this job is not too difficult.

Quote:
    Should I just pull the range forward? I don't need to unscrew anything? I remember reading something about an "Anti-tip" mechanism.

Normally you do not have to unscrew anything. Anti-tip brackets are just screwed to the floor on the back of the range and the range rear legs slides in.

Quote:
    Does changing the panel require any electrical work? We are doing it for cosmetic purposes only. Everything is working fine.

Unplug the range. You'll have to remove all parts attached to the old panel and move them to the new one. Do it very careful, one thing at a time. Draw a picture for yourself before you start it.

Gene.
    axjaju  
    #5 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:56:07 AM(UTC)
    axjaju

Hi Gene,

I got the replacement Oven control Panel. Now, moving the range forward was easy. I did that and unscrewed the 2 screws at the back of the oven control panel. But there are 2 additional screws under the panel, that are tough to reach and are not budging. A right angled screw driver may work.

I have attached the diagram you sent with 2 red rectangles. That is where the screws are but they face down. Meaning the head of the screw is parallel to the floor.

Do you think I should get a right angled screw driver and try opening it or is there something else I should be doing.

PLease advice.

Thanks

Ankita.
    axjaju attached the following image(s):
    0u1assz9zp.jpg
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply