Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dutch74  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:49:32 PM(UTC)
dutch74

Groups: Registered

I am trying to disassemble the cooktop because the ignitors continue to arc after a burner is lit. The problem I have is that I need to remove the brass tubes that attaches from the burner base to the inside. I was able to unscrew three of them, but two bound up and broke something inside, and now just spin. It looks like the aluminum is gumming up onto the brass and causing them not to unscrew. Now I cannot get the top to come off because the tubes hold the top on. I am not sure how to proceed.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Roland
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

timhays@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:43:24 AM(UTC)
timhays@gmail.com

According to repairmen, this appears to be a common problem. This gas GE Mongragm was cook top manufactured in KY 2002 - 2005. The brass fitting was poorly designed by the engineers and one of the five brass fitting on my cooktop did not back out. Four of the five fittings easily backed out but the middle burner did not. :mad:
purplecanon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:15:18 AM(UTC)
purplecanon

Ok tried to replace burner pan. It was in bad shape from previous owner. I wanted my stove to look new. Tried to take apart burners and same problem. Brass Venturi on one burner will not come out..maybe stripped or something? repairman was here 20 min..called GE...deemed it unrepairable and charged me 100.00 and left!!! Ge offered new stove at discount. The brass venturi get hot and expand and over years eventually don't budge and GE knows this and will tell any repairman it is unrepairable. But these stoves are reconditioned all the time and I know there has to be a way to fix it!!! ANYBODY know???? new stove would be 5400.00. I need a car not a stove!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply