Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bill wendom  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 6:30:57 AM(UTC)
bill wendom

Groups: Registered

The cooktop, broiler and warming drawer work OK but the oven stopped working yesterday. When any of the oven modes are selected, e.g. BAKE, the display shows PREHEAT then switches in just a few seconds to BAKE (it used to stay at PREHEAT until the oven temperature was reached). It then cycles back and forth showing PREHEAT and BAKE, but the oven gas doesn't come on. I'm thinking it may be the oven sensor. Can you help? And if it is the sensor is it something I can replace myself?. If so what are the steps? - Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 6:40:41 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

I would check to see if I had voltage to the bake ignitor and replace the ignitor if there was voltage but the ignitor would not glow red.
bill wendom  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
bill wendom

I checked the bake ignitor and it glows red. Is there some other reason the oven gas tube does not ignite? Btw way thanks for getting back so quickly.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 11:19:17 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bill wendom Go to Quoted Post
The cooktop, broiler and warming drawer work OK but the oven stopped working yesterday. When any of the oven modes are selected, e.g. BAKE, the display shows PREHEAT then switches in just a few seconds to BAKE (it used to stay at PREHEAT until the oven temperature was reached). It then cycles back and forth showing PREHEAT and BAKE, but the oven gas doesn't come on. I'm thinking it may be the oven sensor. Can you help? And if it is the sensor is it something I can replace myself?. If so what are the steps? - Thanks.

Bill,

Sounds more like a weak or broken bake burner igniter, at this point

Part number: AP3674290
Part number: AP3674290

Open or remove the oven door, remove the racks and the oven bottom panel, and you'll have access to the igniter and burner assembly.
You can then program a "bake" cycle and temperature. You should see the igniter start to glow red, and in a few seconds (30 to 60) the ignitor should reach a "white hot" appearence, if it's working proper. If you have access to a "clamp on" amp probe or a multimeter you could check for a 3.2 to 3.6 amp draw or a 3.2 to 3.6 VAC at the bake burner valve terminals while the igniter is glowing.

Good Luck and Thanks,
:) :) :)
bill wendom  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:04:34 AM(UTC)
bill wendom

You've convinced me the oven ignitor is the problem. My oven started working again but I'm sure I'll have to replace it in the future. Thanks for your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 5:13:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bill wendom Go to Quoted Post
You've convinced me the oven ignitor is the problem. My oven started working again but I'm sure I'll have to replace it in the future. Thanks for your help.

Bill,

Good deal, hopefully it will be a while.
But, you know where to start and what to look for, and we'll be here if you need us.

Thanks and Good Luck,

:) :) :)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 7:28:17 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm having a problem where the oven is switching of midway through baking and does not come back on what can i do to fix?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply